TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. TITLE: The Company shall retain all right to ownership and title to the Equipment. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that no ownership or title to the Equipment is transferred to the Customer under this Agreement. Customer will do no act, nor permit anyone else to do any act, inconsistent with the Company’s ownership and title in the Equipment. If the Equipment is levied upon for any reason whatsoever, Company may retake the Equipment without notice or legal process and may take all action reasonably necessary to do so without interference, objection or resistance from or by the Customer.
TERM AND TERMINATION
2. TERM: The term of this Agreement begins on the date & time speciﬁed as “START” and terminates on the date and time speciﬁed as “RETURN” as written on the rental agreement unless amended in writing and paid for in advance. The rental period commences on the delivery of Equipment to Customer and ends upon the actual return of Equipment to Company’s premises. All rentals must be paid for in advance of the rental term. If the return of the Equipment exceeds the “DUE” date and time, the Customer is responsible for the additional rental charges for the excess period as set forth in the Agreement
3. TERMINATION: If the Customer (a) fails to make payment of any instalment of rent, (b) becomes bankrupt, (c) violates any provision of this Agreement or if the Equipment is levied upon or becomes liable to seizure, then the Company may, at its option terminate this Agreement. The Company will serve notice of termination to the email address provided by the Customer. Thereafter, the Company may at any time take possession of the Equipment and in so doing it will not be liable for trespass of the Customer’s property for purposes of retaking possession of the Equipment.
4. PAYMENT: The amount of the rental agreement shall be paid by the Customer in advance and shall be available to the Company as security to be applied by it and at its option to the payment and/or performance of any obligations of the Customer under this Agreement. This includes, without limitation, the payment of rent. The Company shall have the option to apply advance payments to cure any default under the terms of this Agreement.
5. 5. RESPONSIBILITY FOR RENTAL: The Customer agrees to pay, on the return of the Equipment to Company’s premises, any and all outstanding charges and costs for the use of the Equipment. Customer’s right to use the Equipment terminates on the expiration and due dates set forth above unless extended in writing by the Company.
6. 6. FUEL: The Customer agrees that it received the Equipment full of fuel and agrees to return it full of fuel, failing which the Company will charge the then-current pump price plus 40% as an administrative fee to cure the failure of the Customer to refuel.
7. 7. CONDITION: The Customer agrees that it will return the Equipment in the same condition that it was delivered. All Equipment will be sent out clean and the Customer agrees to return it as such. The Company shall immediately upon return of the Equipment assess the cleanliness of the returned Equipment and shall at its option assess a cleaning fee of $75.00 if the Equipment is reasonably required to be cleaned prior to its next Customer having use of it.
8. 8. CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: Client speciﬁcally authorizes the Company to charge Client’s credit card (only Visa or MasterCard) or debit card for any and all charges related to this rental. This includes, but is not limited to, rental charges, cleaning charges, costs of repairs as a result of the rental or which arise pursuant to this Agreement.
9. 9. COLLECTION & LEGAL COSTS: The Customer agrees to pay legal and collection costs, court costs and any other reasonable expenses incurred by the Company or its agents and representatives in collecting any charges under this Agreement, in retaking the Equipment or otherwise enforcing the terms of this Agreement.
10. INTEREST: Past due accounts bear interest at the rate of 2% per month, calculated and assessed on a daily basis.
CONDITION & USE
11. LOCATION: The Customer agrees not to have the Equipment physically leave the location listed on the rental order and agreement (the “Location”) and agrees to take all necessary action to ensure that its employees, agents or representatives abide by this condition, except with the prior written consent of the Company. The Company will be solely responsible for the delivery of the Equipment and the loading and unloading the Equipment at the Location. The Equipment will be delivered to the street-front area of the Location.
12. CONDITION: Acknowledging that it has been given a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Equipment following delivery of the Equipment to the Location Customer accepts and hires the Equipment on an “as is” basis. Customer acknowledges receipt of all of the Equipment in good working condition and repair.
13. NO TRAINING: Acknowledging that the Company does not provide training on the use or operation of the Equipment as part of the rental, the Customer agrees that it will be solely responsible for operating and using the Equipment in a lawful, prudent and safe manner as if it was its owner. The Customer acknowledges that prior to taking possession the Equipment, that Customer has examined the Equipment and saw it in operation (if applicable).
14. NO PROMISES: The Company does not make any promise as to the durability, quality, condition or suitability of the Equipment for the Customer’s proposed use. Accordingly, the Company shall not be liable to Customer for any loss, damage or expense of any kind caused directly or indirectly by the Equipment or the use or possession, or the repairs, servicing or adjustments to the Equipment or by any interruption of service or loss of use of the Equipment, or for any loss of business or damage whatsoever and no matter how caused.
15. PRUDENT OWNER STANDARD: The Customer shall use the Equipment in a careful and prudent manner and not for any unlawful purpose. The Customer agrees that it shall at its expense ensure compliance with all legal obligations relating to the possession, use, operation or control of the Equipment. This obligation shall extend to all employees, contractors or agents of the Customer whom it allows to access, control or operate the Equipment.
USE AND DAMAGE
16. RETURN: Customer agrees to return the Equipment to the Company upon the expiration and due date in as good condition as when received by Customer, ordinary wear and tear excepted. “Ordinary wear and tear” shall mean only the normal deterioration of the Equipment caused by ordinary and reasonable use on a one-shift (eight hours per day, ﬁve days per week) basis. Customer agrees to pay immediately all charges and costs incurred as reasonably assessed by the Company for damage or deterioration of the Equipment beyond ordinary wear and tear.
17. EQUIPMENT FAILURE: Customer agrees to immediately discontinue the attempt to use the Equipment should it at anytime become unsafe or in a state of disrepair, and will immediately (one hour or less) notify the Company of the circumstances. The Company agrees in its discretion to make the Equipment operable within a reasonable period of time, to provide Client with a like item if available, or to make a like item available at another time or adjust the rental charges. In all events, the Company shall not be responsible for any injury or damage(s), including consequential damage(s), resulting from failure or defect of Equipment.
18. CARE: Customer shall bear the responsibility for all expenses and costs of the repair (including necessary replacements) service, and maintaining the Equipment in good repair, condition and working order, which shall in all cases be conducted by the Company. The Customer bears the risk of, and shall pay for, any loss or damage to the Equipment. The Customer shall not, without the prior written consent of Company, make any alterations or repairs to the Equipment.
19. INSURANCE: Customer agrees to maintain and carry, at its sole cost, adequate liability, physical damage, public liability, property damage and casualty insurance for the full replacement cost of the Equipment, including all risks of loss or damage covered by the standard extended coverage endorsement to cover any damage or liability arising from the handling, transportation, maintenance, operation or use of the Equipment during the rental period. The Customer agrees that it shall name the Company on its policy of insurance as an additional insured.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE AND COSTS
20. INDEMNITY: Customer acknowledges and assumes all risks inherent in the operation and use of the Equipment by Customer, and will take all necessary precaution to protect all persons and property from injury or damage while in possession of the Equipment. The Company shall not be responsible to Customer or to any other party for any loss, damage or injury (including any loss of proﬁts, business interruption or other special or consequential damages) caused by, resulting from, or in any way connected with the Equipment, its operation or use, or any defect with respect to the Equipment. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Company harmless from and against any and all liability, claims and damages of any kind (including legal fees) for injuries or death to persons and damage to property arising out of the use, maintenance, instruction, operation, possession, ownership or rental of the Equipment, however caused. The Customer agrees to indemnify the Company for all rental payments due for the Term, all damages incurred to the Equipment while in the possession of the Customer and all out of pocket expenses incurred or threatened to be incurred by the Company in retaking possession of the Equipment.
21. LOSS: Regardless of reasons or circumstances, in the case of the loss or destruction of the Equipment or inability to return it to the Company, Customer will pay the Company the full new replacement value of the Equipment, unless otherwise speciﬁed. In addition, the Customer should pay rental charges up to and including the date on which the Equipment is replaced.
22. CUSTOMER’S LIABILITY: The Customer assumes the entire risk of loss with respect to the Equipment from damage, theft, or mysterious disappearance, whether or not due to fault of the Customer and shall pay the Company for said loss immediately upon receipt of invoice.
23. FAILURE TO DELIVER: Customer releases and discharges the Company from any and all liability or damages (including consequential and special damages) which might be caused by the Company’s failure or inability to deliver the Equipment by any speciﬁed date or time.
24. RETAKING POSSESSION: In the event of any actual or anticipatory breach of this Agreement, the Company may, without notice or legal process, go upon Customer’s property and take all action reasonably necessary to take possession of the Equipment. Customer waives all claims for damages and losses that may be threatened or actually incurred. The Customer agrees to pay all costs and expenses incurred by the Company in retaking possession the Equipment due to the actual or anticipatory breach
25. RETURN: If Equipment is to be picked up by the Company, the Customer agrees to provide a secure storage location and accept all risks relative to the stored Equipment until the Company actually takes physical possession of the Equipment.
26. Dump Trailer: The dump trailer must be hitched to a vehicle at all times. If the dump trailer is not hitched to a vehicle, the insurance will be void and the customer will be liable for any and all damages.
27. AUTHORITY TO SIGN: Any individual signing this Agreement on behalf of the Customer (if the Customer is a corporation) represents and warrants that he or she is of legal age, and has the authority and power to sign this Agreement and bind the Customer to these terms.
28. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and the Company. The Customer agrees that there are no collateral, oral or side agreements relating to the rental of the Equipment.
29. GOVERNING LAW: The laws of the Province of Alberta shall govern this Agreement. The parties agree that all disputes shall be heard in the judicial center of Calgary, Alberta and the parties attorn to that jurisdiction for the litigation of disputes that relate to the Equipment and this Agreement.
Cancellation Policy At cadcorentalsandtrucking.com/rentals we want to make sure that you can rent the equipment you need, when you need it, and that you have the option to make a cancellation if you ever need to. Our cancellation and refund policy is very simple. We will give you a FULL REFUND when you cancel your booking 7 days before your rental date. Before you book/cancel your rental, keep in mind that any cancellations that are made with less that 7 days of notice will not be reimbursed. Modiﬁcations Once your payment goes through, you cannot modify your order to extend or shorten the duration of your rental. If you want to extend your booking, you need to start a new order based on the availability of the equipment. If you make a mistake when making the order, and you need to modify it, please give us a call as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to accommodate your request. If you ever have any issues or questions, do not hesitate to Contact Us. Thank you, cadcorentalsandtrucking.com/rentals management team